Friday, March 14, 2008

Memo to Aetna: PLEASE Learn How to Use a Scanner

Following up on my earlier post about Aetna claiming that information was missing from a form that I had submitted to them.

I finally got in touch with my doctor’s office to ask them about the problem. I spoke with the office manager, and she was very surprised by Aetna’s assertion, as the form that they had given to me was a standard 1500 form… used throughout the medical industry for this type of claim. All pertinent information should have been on this form.

So, I re-followed-up with Aetna. I explained the situation to the gentleman with whom I spoke. He asked me to hold while he pulled up the file and looked into the situation. And guess what? Yet another AETNA SCREW UP. It seems that the information WAS on the original form… but when Aetna scanned the document into their system, they mis-scanned it… cutting off the vital information. Yes, it was yet another AETNA ERROR. THANKFULLY this gentleman with whom I was speaking was sharp enough to notice this error… as opposed to the woman with whom I originally spoke, who cited only the fact that the information was missing and that I’d need to re-submit the form. So, the gentleman on the phone was kind enough to call the doctor’s office directly to request that they fax a new form to them.

And so, my wait begins anew. This process started nearly EIGHT WEEKS ago. Any guesses as to how much longer this is going to take? On second thought, don't answer that question. The answer may prove to be too depressing.

2 comments:

Granola Man said...

Aetna suggests taking a survey when you exit but they don't ask the questions I want to answer, like "do we suck"? I would say yes, you suck! They were bad before Obamacare and now they really suck.

Rick Guggemos said...

Aetna still sucks. May be the worst large health insurer in the country. They give me an insurance card that major pharmacies say is no good. This is part of what is supposed to be high-ticket corporate insurance policy.